So my time here is officially almost over. Here’s my last week in Wellington:
– Saturday: Dinner with friends at Southern Cross, then out to a bar and dancing.
– Sunday: Last time at church.
– Monday: Saying goodbye to Adeline and an evening at Strawberry Fare with my friends from church.
– Tuesday: Miriam and Charlotte come to Wellington and I give them a tour of Wellington.
– Wednesday: Birthday lunch for Jessica. Getting stuff done like waiting for the courier and closing my bank account.
– Thursday: Visit to Te Papa Tongarewa museum. The evening is spent hanging out with Jessica, Rathy, Michelle, Supriya and Celia, eating takeout and watching TV.
As always, all photos can be found here in my Flickr album. For Australia I’ll start a new one.
Tomorrow Rathy will take me to the airport at 4am, because my plane leaves for Melbourne at 6am. I seriously can’t really believe that I won’t be coming back here, not for a long time at least. But here’s the itinerary for Australia so far:
July 25-30: Melbourne, staying with my friend Sonja
July 31-August 2: bus tour to Adelaide
Aug 3-5: Adelaide
Aug 6-7: Ghan train to Alice Springs
Aug 8-10: tour to see Uluru/Ayers Rock
Aug 11-13: Ghan train to Darwin
Aug 14-24: travel down the west coast by Greyhound
Aug 25-September 1: Perth, staying with my friend Nancy
September 2: flying to Singapore, where I’ll stay with my friend Amy
September 6: arriving in Zurich
Kia ora from Aotearoa – I’ll talk to you from the land of kangaroos, folks! 🙂
Edit: My flight was canceled because of the strong wind and rain we’ve been having here. I was told to call tomorrow about a later flight, but in any case I’m booked for Saturday.